Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews. It's a weekly post where book bloggers showcase the book they received throughout the week.
These Stacking the Shelves post have become somewhat less frequent for me. I've been really good lately about not going crazy buying books so the only books I've been getting are ones for review. But this might be changing quite soon because there are so many awesome books coming out in the next few weeks that I am just dying to get my hands on. For this week though, I got some very exciting books so keep reading to find out what came for me this week.
- Goddess by Josephine Angelini - AAAAHHHH!!! There was major squealing and dancing around when I received Goddess this week. This is probably one of my most anticipated books this year and I will be reading it very soon. Major thanks to the lovely Shannon for going above and beyond for getting me this book in preparation for an event I will be running on the blog in May.
- Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland - As you may all know, I love contemporary and Nantucket Blue is one of those contemporary books that caught my eye right away. To top that off I've been hearing nothing but rave reviews of this book so you can bet I am excited to have a copy and to read it soon.
- This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith - Another fantastic-sounding contemporary read (I swear the contemps are making a comeback this year) that I am super excited about. I absolutely loved Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight last year so I can't wait to dive in to this one.
Big thanks to HarperCollins Canada (and Shannon!) and HBG Canada for sending me these books for review.
- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen - Do I even need to explain why I am beyond excited about this book? It's Sarah Dessen, that's the only explanation that is needed. Sarah Dessen is one of my all time favorite authors so I can't wait to read it. And thank you to the lovely Kathy from A Glass of Wine for lending this to me.
- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd - I have heard great things about this one and have been meaning to read it. What finally pushed me to get my own copy is that I'm joining a book club and this will be our first read. (Side note: if you're in Ottawa and want to join a YA book club, be sure to check out Lost at Midnight's post all about it!)
So that's it for me this week. Though it wasn't a super busy week, there are some books in there I am absolutely dying to get into...if only I didn't have school and the last month of my undergrad to get through...But as usual leave me a comment letting me know what you got and I'll be sure to check it out!